Did you manage to correctly time the Market during the Covid-19 crash?

Well I certainly did…………..

 

Not…..

  

I wished that I had correctly timed the market and bought into the market at its lowest during March. I also wished that I was so confident about it that I had dumped a huge chunk of my war chest into the market. Unfortunately, that is just not possible…. Well, not for me anyways.... Emotionally, it is just too difficult.

The next best thing that I can do, which is what I actually did, is to buy on the dip. I was buying a small amount of STI when the market was going down by more than 1% and I would buy more if it goes down more. At least by doing that, I managed to deploy some of my war chest into the market at an ok average price. Emotionally, if STI goes up, I am happy. If STI goes south, I am happy for the opportunity to accumulate more. Either direction, I wouldn't be too affected by the volatility and this makes it easier for me to stay in the Market. This is definitely better than still holding on to the cash and still waiting for the market to reached its bottom.

So are you ready for Round 2 with the Second wave of Covid-19? Will the market go even lower than the March 2020 "lowest" with this impending second wave? Only time will tell.

I can only hope to continue to buy on the dip and hopefully I will be sufficiently exposed to the market when the world eventually recovers from this Pandemic.


Happy value Investing!

Did you manage to correctly time the Market during the Covid-19 crash? Did you manage to correctly time the Market during the Covid-19 crash? Reviewed by Valuewarrior on July 31, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.