Where should I invest my SRS monies?

I have been on a hunt for suitable investment for my SRS monies since I opened my SRS account and started contributing to it last year. You can find my considerations when setting up my SRS account here.

The bank interest rate for the SRS account is at a measly 0.05%. This guarantees that the money inside will be eaten up by inflation if I do nothing about it. I had actually put the money into Singapore T-bills soon after I made a deposit to my SRS account. This gave me some time while I search around for a suitable longer term investment.

I am looking for passive index investing to add on to my existing portfolio. So far I came across 3 suitable one for investing with SRS below.

 

 

OCBC-Blue Chip Investment Plan

Endowus - 100% Equity

MoneyOwl - 100% Equity

Funds/Equity

Some Singapore Blue Chip

 Singapore STI, REIT and Bond ETF

Dimensional Global Core Equity Fund

Dimensional Emerging Markets Large Cap Core Equity Fund 


Dimensional Pacific Basin Small Companies Fund

Infinity US 500 Stock Index Fund

Dimensional Emerging Markets Large Cap Core Equity Fund

 Dimensional Global Core Equity Fund

Min. Amt to start

$100

$10,000

$100

1 time or Recurring

Recurring

Both

Both

Management Fee

N/A

0.4%

0.65% + 0.18% (iFast platform fee)

Fund level Fee

N/A

0.4%

0.35%

Total Fee

Flat rate of 0.88% per transaction (for age < 30)

 0.3% or S$5 per transaction (for 30 and above)

0.8%

1.18%

 

Initially I was looking at OCBC BCIP which was why I went with OCBC for my SRS account. However, I bought some STI ETF since the COVID-19 crash and hence am thinking to balance that with some global exposure. Seems like Endowus is able to provide a good global exposure at a reasonably low fees. 

Well there's still some time before my money gets back from the Singapore T-bill. Do let me know if you know of any other good investment with SRS funds.

Thanks and Happy Value Investing

Where should I invest my SRS monies? Where should I invest my SRS monies? Reviewed by Valuewarrior on July 11, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.