Wrong post wrong time?

Recently, I published a post on CPF Accrued Interest that have gotten quite a bit of comments. You can find the post here.

Firstly I would like to apologize if the post was insensitive. Also, I could not have chosen a worse time to post that online in the mist of Singapore's General Election. I had turned off comments for that post as some of the comments have gotten a bit political and that is not the intent of the post or blog. I would like to clarify that I had no intention of using that post to influence anyone politically. I have setup this blog to document my financial journey and is not meant to be political in any shape or form.

Secondly, I appreciate all the comments on what I had shared in that post. Some of you have shared that accrued Interest could be bad for some people which I can appreciate. I can understand how under certain circumstances the accrued interest can be a drag on people's personal finances especially when they get hit by unfortunate events through no fault of theirs. As with most things, there are always multiple perspective to see a particular issue. That post presented one point of view and I am glad that some of the readers had commented on another point of view. On hindsight, I could have added the alternative point of view in the post initially to present a more holistic view on Accrued Interest.

Regardless, I hope the post and the comments it raised served to present what Accrued Interest is and how it can affect you financially. With better understanding of it, I would encourage people to prepare and plan for their finances early with better considerations of Accrued Interest to help them positively instead of letting it affect them negatively.

Lastly, I hope this post clarified the intent of my previous post and I wouldn't have to turn off the comments for this post as well.

Happy Value Investing.

Wrong post wrong time? Wrong post wrong time? Reviewed by Valuewarrior on July 19, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.