Update to my side income 2024


It’s been a year since my last side income update. Back in May 2022, I was making around $1,500 per month from my side hustles and it grew to $2,200 per month a year later in 2023. Let’s run through the update for 2024.

Rental Income

With the property market cooling down since 2023, we are lucky to be able to maintain the same rent as 2023. However we are expecting the rental income to drop in 2025 and beyond. For now, we are still getting $1300 per month per person in rental income.

Ecommerce

Unfortunately, our ecommerce business wasn’t not doing very well in 2024. We see more competitors coming into the space and are pushing the prices down. This greatly affected our sales and revenue. As a result, our ecommerce income had dropped significantly from $500 per month in 2023 back down to $200 per month this year. We just got onto the Tiktok marketplace this year and hopefully it can help to boost our sales volume.

Interest and dividends from stocks, bonds and crypto

This portion of my side income thankfully did better in 2024. This is mostly due to a high interest rate environment we are in now as well as a crypto bull market. I have also added more money into bonds and crypto yield farms. On the average, I am getting around 4% interest rate for my fiat currency investment and about 8% from my crypto investment. All in all, I am getting around $700/month of interest/dividends from my stocks, bonds and crypto in 2024.

Grab hitch and Blogging

Grab and blogging income is still pretty low at less than $50/month. I am not driving to office for my new job and hence there are not much opportunities for hitching. As for the blogging income, it had also dropped significantly since I didn’t managed to blog regularly due to family and work commitment. Hopefully with the new job, I can set aside more time to blog and share my investment journey.

Total

In total, my 2024 side income comes up to $2200/month. This was the same as last year despite a drop in my ecommerce income. Thankfully, my investment income picked up the slack. This made me realized the importance of having different income sources. You will never know when anyone of the income sources will dry up.

This is the same consideration for my main work income. I will never know if I will get retrenched or if I will quit my job again due to any unforeseen circumstances. Hence it is important that I continue to build up my side income and hopefully eventually reach an amount that can replace my main income.

Thanks for following my journey. I hope my experiences inspire you to start or grow your own side hustles. Remember, consistency and perseverance are key and Happy Hustling!

Use my my referral link (2HNL05JZ) and sign up for Maribank and make a Shopee purchase with the linked Mari Savings account within 14 days to get $10 free. Find out more about Maribank here.

Thanks for reading and do support me on my referral page.

Check out the CPFcalculator to plan for your retirement now!

Update to my side income 2024 Update to my side income 2024 Reviewed by Valuewarrior on October 27, 2024 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.