I quit my Full time job!


So I finally pulled the trigger and quit. Yes from the job that I had for the past 13 long years.

If you had read my previous post, you would have known that the trigger for me to leave the company is the numerous night meeting that I had to attend causing somewhat of a burnt out. I was considering quitting earlier in 2024 and had only decided to finally do that in August this year. I eventually did not quit without a job and started in my new job this September.

Even though I did not quit without a job, I would say that the decision to leave was also not an easy one. I was leaving a listed Multinational Corporation (MNC) to a much smaller company. I was leaving a place of certainty in terms of increment and bonuses to one of uncertainty and potentially no bonuses. I was also leaving an organization which I am familiar and comfortable with to one where I will need to relearn all the processes and rebuild all the connections.

What gave me the courage to leave my comfort zone at this age and stage of my career is the financial safety net that I had built over the years. This financial safety net is the side income that I had been building. This safety net provides me with some sort of mental support and something I know I can fall back on if the new job doesn’t turn out well.

Thankfully, so far there are minimal or no night calls I had to attend since most of the projects are centered in Asia and I finally got back my evening. I get to spend more time with my 1 year old boy after work and the feeling had been great so far.

This episode reinforces the importance of building up my side income such that I know I don’t have to be fully reliant on my full time job. I don’t have to be held hostage mentally to my job regardless what gets thrown at me and this is a great mental relief for me. I will continue to build and grow my side income and will provide a 2024 update to my side income soon.

Thanks for hearing me rant and staying with this blog despite the infrequent update. Happy Hustling if you are also building up your financial safety net!

Use my my referral link (2HNL05JZ) and sign up for Maribank and make a Shopee purchase with the linked Mari Savings account within 14 days to get $10 free. Find out more about Maribank here.

Thanks for reading and do support me on my referral page.

Check out the CPFcalculator to plan for your retirement now!
I quit my Full time job! I quit my Full time job! Reviewed by Valuewarrior on October 07, 2024 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.