My Dad was hospitalized for 20 days, guess how much is the bill?

My dad was recently hospitalized for 20 days in Khoo Teck Phut hospital. He was sent to the hospital because he was not feeling well and had no strength to walk.

The doctor had no idea what is wrong with him and had to put him through a bunch of testing including X-ray, MRI, lab test etc. On top of that, he still had to go for rehabilitation in the hospital.

While concerned about my Dad's health, at the back of me and my siblings head, we were thinking…芭比Q…. The bill is going to probably burn a hole in our pockets.

When we got the bill from Khoo Teck Phut hospital, we were pleasantly surprised that the grand total we had to pay for my Dad's 20 days stay is $0!

Well the bill is not exactly $0 but the cash we had to fork out for the bill is $0.

The bill actually runs up to around $12,500 but after the government subsidy and my dad's integrated shield plan, the final amount payable comes up to around $1,500 which was paid off by my dad Medisave.

This really highlights the importance of having the right shield plan and sufficient amount in my MA as I age so that I don’t have to burden my kids for my hospital bill in the future.

I am glad my dad had some of that in place to save us from a potential hefty hospital bill this time.   

After his discharge, his mobility has still not recovered and will need rehabilitation as well as more care at home. This was when we were being introduced to AIC (Agency for Integrated Care) for some financial assistance to ease some of the burden.

Fortunately my dad is able to qualify for some financial help and we are in the mist of applying it for him. Hopefully he can get approved soon to start receiving the financial assistance.

If someone you know is in a similar situation and some financial assistance could help relief them of some burden, do get them to check out AIC website to find out what Financing Scheme they could qualify for. Hopefully this can help them get through the situation.

Get your free $35 NTUC vouchers and more with Trust Bank here

Check out the CPFcalculator to plan for your retirement now!

As always, thanks for reading and do support me on my referral page. Stay Safe and Stay Healthy!

My Dad was hospitalized for 20 days, guess how much is the bill? My Dad was hospitalized for 20 days, guess how much is the bill? Reviewed by Valuewarrior on November 04, 2022 Rating: 5

2 comments:

  1. very good article. you are blessed where you all are not picky. hope your father will get well soon.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.