Update on my value portfolio

It has been a looooong time since I did an update of my value portfolio. One of the reason is because I have exceeded the 30 free transaction as a basic user of StockCafe and can no longer update my account with anymore transactions. I had to move to doing manual tracking after that but it became too much of a hassle and I eventually stopped doing it.

On top of that, I have been pretty busy with work and was too drained to do any tracking and re-balancing. It is actually not difficult to do re-balancing but it is time consuming to do the search of value stocks using the set of criteria and then sell or purchase them accordingly. This is especially so when I have a basket of 10 to 15 value stocks which are typically low on liquidity. Hopefully I can pick up the re-balancing again as I get more time.

After a couple of years of holding these value stocks and collecting dividends, 2 of them gave me a surprise recently.

Colex recently gave out a special dividend of $0.1 which is about 50% of the share price based on the amount of about $0.2 prior to the announcement. They are so cash laden that they are able to give out a special dividend that is about half of their market capitalization. Their share prices shot up after the announcement and I sold off some of my holdings. A Pen Quotes has given an interesting view on why Colex is giving out such a high special dividend when companies are conserving cash during such uncertain times.

Teckwah' s biggest shareholders made a cash offer of S$0.65 a share to take company private. This offer price represents a premium of approximately 30% over the closing price on July 27 and 42.5% over the 12-month volume-weighted average price. The offer price exceeds the highest ever closing price of S$0.555 on Aug 4 and Aug 7.

It’s a pity these 2 stocks only makes up a small percentage of my portfolio. Nevertheless, it’s still a pleasant surprise during this uncertain Covid-19 times.

Happy Value Investing.

Update on my value portfolio Update on my value portfolio Reviewed by Valuewarrior on August 27, 2020 Rating: 5

1 comment:

  1. thankyou for sharing this informative post. i will be visit again soon for new post.
    the warriors vest

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.