What will I do if I win the TOTO?

Inspired by the post "What will you do with 9 million?" on Singaporean Talks Money, I start to wonder what I would do if I really win the TOTO. I do buy TOTO occasionally especially during special draw when the prize money is much more. Who knows, lady luck might shin on me someday, so I'd better be ready 😉.

After some thoughts, here's a list of what I would do with the winnings, in some sorts of order depending on how much I win.

1)     Not tell anyone except on a need to know basis.

2)     Keep current job and maintain at my comfort zone or change to a less demanding job.

3)     Donate about 5 to 10% of winnings to charity.

4)     Pay back CPF housing loan.

5)     Max out Singapore Savings Bond

6)     Spend $2 million on a 2nd property and rent out the current HDB.

7)     Build a $5 million bond portfolio with 2% return. With the high quantum, I can afford to take less risk and go for safer and lower return investment. $5 million @ 2% returns give about $8000 per month payout, more than enough to cover my monthly expenses.

8)     Any excess goes to my kids saving account.

The recurring income that I will be getting from rent and interest will be used to fund my monthly expenses. Any excess will then be used to fund other extravagant expenses like travel, cars, etc....

So, have you thought of what you would do with your winnings?


Happy Value Investing
What will I do if I win the TOTO? What will I do if I win the TOTO? Reviewed by Valuewarrior on January 22, 2019 Rating: 5

3 comments:

  1. Hi Value Warrior,

    You have a very well planned action plan for your winnings. Interesting to know what different ppl would do with that amount of money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talk so much also useless, all imagination. Win already then come to plan also not late. These imagination are only good for hollywood. But some dream do come true, so keep dreaming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.