Sedikit-Sedikit Lama-Lama Jadi Bukit

Sedikit-sedikit lama-lama jadi bukit is a Malay proverb that means “Bit by bit, over time, it will accumulate into a mountain”.

This saying came across my mind when I recently saw the Coke bottle which I had filled up with 5 cent coins. I believe it took me a couple of years to completely fill it up. I recalled whenever I got any 5 cent coins, I would faithfully drop them into the bottle. Bit by bit, slowly but surely, I filled up the 330ml coke bottle with 5 cent coins. I couldn’t recall how much is inside but you all can make a guess in the comment below…… no price if you get it right J. I will find some time to count them and update it in the comment later.

This saying is actually reflective of the many success stories that we see and hear. I am pretty sure that the 5 figure dividend you hear about have a modest beginning. The $500k investment portfolio starts with that first $1000. The $1million in the CPF starts with that very first contribution. Overtime and after a lot of hard work, they reach a level where they can share their success stories. 

The problem is when we see or hear the success stories, we don’t see the years of hard work and accumulation. We always think that there must be some secret formula that gets them there. Well, I can tell you that there is no secret formula. The only formula that I know works is to start accumulating bit by bit now and let it grow into a mountain over time. Accumulating not just your savings and investment but also importantly your knowledge and skills as you progress.

I am glad I started my own Journey about 5 years ago. As I start to slowly accumulate and grow my wealth, I learnt more about investing, insurance and also CPF building. Although I am still a very long long way to achieving Financial Freedom, I know that armed with these knowledge, I am slowly but surely building up a mountain I can call my own. Hopefully you are also on your road to that mountain of yours!

Something else that is also building up bit by bit is the cashback you can get from Google Pay and Socash. 

Currently Google Pay is giving up to $15 three times a week for a minimum $10 peer to peer transaction and up to $10 three times a week for a minimum $3 payment to merchant (promotion valid till 30 Nov 2020). 

Socash is also giving a $1 rebate a week if you make 1 qualifying withdrawal (Minimum $30 for first withdrawal of the day) a day for any 3 days in a week.

If you don’t have Google Pay or Socash, they are also offering sign up incentive. You get $5 and $3 respectively if you sign up with my referral code

Happy Value Investing!
Sedikit-Sedikit Lama-Lama Jadi Bukit Sedikit-Sedikit Lama-Lama Jadi Bukit Reviewed by Valuewarrior on October 31, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.