Launch of the CPF calculator!

With the circuit breaker and working from home, I am finding more time for myself and my family. I guess that’s the only good thing that come out from the COVID-19 pandemic.

With that spare time, I have been looking at my CPF more and finding myself looking for CPF calculators to forecast my CPF savings and how to maximize the CPF benefits for my retirement. There are some calculators out there but they do not give me the flexibility to adjust some of the variables. So I had to go back to basics and work on excels sheets.

That was when I realized that the rules for CPF are so complicated that the excel formulas just gets more and more confusing as I tried to add in more rules. Fortunately, I had some experience with coding during my University years and eventually had to resort to using visual basics to code out the calculation (which is still challenging but more manageable).

I spent quite a number of days on it and decided why not share this CPF calculator with other people so that they can also use it to estimate their CPF savings based on their current situation if they want to. So I picked up some HTML, CSS and Javascript and whipped out a CPF calculator that I am sharing in this blog. You can find it here.

I have to add in a DISCLAIMER below here.

I am not a web developer and there could be some bugs in the calculator. I had checked the figures against some of the available calculators out there and the figures are quite close. Nevertheless, this calculate is by no means accurate and can only serves as an estimate. Do use it at your own risk. Please leave any feedback in the comment section if any.  

If you find the calculator useful, you can support me by visiting my referral page and use the referrals for some of the useful financial services I am using. Thanks for your support.
Happy Value Investing

Launch of the CPF calculator! Launch of the CPF calculator! Reviewed by Valuewarrior on June 15, 2020 Rating: 5

2 comments:

  1. Hi how long did u take to learn java / css / html?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just learn whatever is needed to complete this project. It took me about a week or so to finish the web application portion. So I just know bits and pieces of Javascript/CSS/HTML most of which you can find the training online. I have some background in C++ though.

      For me, the best way to learn is still to work on a project. Keeps you motivated in learning.

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.